Small and medium enterprises as well as micro enterprises will receive european subventions for young graduates of 2014 who will be hired due to a minimis scheme that was recently launched by the European Funds Minstry.
High school and university graduates could also benefit upon employment of 900 lei worth subventions for secondary education graduates and 1300 lei worth for higher education graduates, granted by the state through european funds for a 6 to 12-month period.
The aproximate number of positions that will receive subventions according to the category that the beneficiary of the minimis scheme belongs to is the following:
- For small enterprises – 3 work positions
- For medium enterprises – 7 work positions
- For macro enterprises – 15 work positions
- Enterprises can apply online for the minimis scheme starting June 6 at 10:00 until June 11 at 16:00.
The following category of beneficiaries is eligible for this Request for Proposal:
1. The Department for Small and Medium enterprises, Business Environment and Tourism.
Eligible Targeted Public
The targeted group for this Request for Proposal includes the following category:
-young graduates (at their first employment after graduation)
The minimum number of persons included in the targeted group for each and every financing request is of 600 persons.
The proof for the group appartenence may be provided by the graduation document released in 2014 by the school unit/higher education institution where the member of the targeted group has been formed and by the employment contract.
The employment contract has to be concluded on a period of at least 1 year and its signing date has to follow the signing date of the financing contract.Young graduates of 2014 are eligible for the current request for proposal.
The eligible targeted group for this request for proposal is valid only for the citizens of the EU countries residing in Romania.
Elegibility conditions for beneficiaries
The enterprises that fulfill the following conditions can benefit of the facilities foreseen in the present scheme:
1. Are legally constituted in Romania and they develop their activity on the territory of Romania
2. Are not insolvent their businesses are not administered by a syndic judge, have no restriction over the commercial activity, are not the subject of arrangements between Creditors or are not in a similar situation to the one previously mentioned regulated by the law;
3. Don’t have public debts and their taxes, obligations and other contributions have been paid at the state budget, the special budgets and the local budgets foreseen by the current legislation;
4. The legal representative of the enterprise has not been subject to a res judicata conviction during the past 3 years, by any court instance for professional or etically-professional issues;
5. The legal representative of the enterprise has not been been subject to a res judicata conviction for fraud, corruption, involvement in criminal organizations or other illegal activities, against the financial interests of the European Community
6. The legal representative of the enterprise does not provide false information;
7. Is directly responsible for the preparation, the implementation of the project and does not act as an intermediary for the project that has been proposed for financing;
8. Has not been subject to a recuperation order given the anterior decision of the European Commission related to the declaration of a state subvention as illegal and incompatible with the common market or, in case it has been the object of a similar decision, it has already been executed and the subvention has been totally recovered, including the related recuperation interest;
The beneficiary of the non refundable finance is responsible for the verification of the fulfillment of the eligibility conditions
(1) The minimum value of the financial aid that may be requested by a SME is 4000 euro (the equivalent in lei) without surpassing the maximal value of the aid that has been foreseen at art. 10 (2).
(2) The total maximal value of the minimis aids that the unique enterprise has benefitted of on a 3 consecutive-year period (2 previous fiscal years and the current year), sumed with the value of the financial aid granted according to the dispositions of the current scheme, will not surpass the equivalent in lei of 200.000 euro (100.000 euro for unique enterprises that are responsible for the transportation of the merchandise on behalf of third parties or in return of a sum of money). These maximum levels are applicable regardless of the fund minimis aid form or the desired objective and regardless whether the aid is financed from national or communitary sources.
The eligible activities are:
- Mentorship programs for young graduates (during the first stage of the first employment after graduation);
- The organization and the providing of orientational services and professional counseling including the construction of instruments (tests, questionaries regarding interests/abilities etc) that are useful for carrier counseling.
- Enterprises support for the improvement of the transition from school to active life through the integration of the young graduates on the market. The beneficiaries of the minimis scheme that will benefit of subventions that are related to the wage payment of the new employees (young employees) have to enter the SME category, according to the in force legislation. It is the direct responsibility of the petitioner to facilitate the access to SME during the implementation process and to prove the fact that the company that introduces the young graduates within the work market fits the SME category.
List of eligibile cost categories
The categories of eligible costs for this request for proposal are the following:
1. Expenditures for the personnel that is involved in the implementation of the project:
Wages and other similar costs;
Fees (including taxes and related social contributions according to the in force law);
Social contributions related to the wage costs and other costs related to these (contributions for employees and employers).
2. Expenditures for accomodation, transport and allowance:
People transportation (own personnel, paticipants, other people);
Material and equipment transportation
Allowance (for their own personnel)
3. Expenditures for project implementation:
Sound effects services
Translation and interpretation
Maintenance, actualization and development for computer applications;
Acquisition of publications, books, specialized magazines that are relevant for the operation, paper or electronic format;
Concessions, patents, licences, commercial marks, rights and similar assets;
4. Expenditures for outsources activities:
Expenditures related to the acquisition of various specialized services, that the beneficiary does not have the necessary expertise, including the project management and the legale consultancy;
Expenditures related to the contracts that have been concluded with economic agents (including APP) for the providing of various services.
Participation taxes for formation/education programs
6. Expenditures for rentals and leasing, necessary for project implementation:
Rental (locations, goods)
7. Subventions (aids, prizes) and grants:
7.1. Subventions (aids, prizes) offered to pupils, students, young graduates, apprentice and their attendants
7.2. Subventions (aids, prizes) for employers:
a) subventions (aids, prizes) for enterprises that hire apprentices, young graduates
b) subventions (aids, prizes) for the wage payment of new employees on a period that is determined by the Petitioner’s guide
c) financial grants for the enterprises that have employees who are involved in continuous professional programs, to make up for their absence during the formation period
7.3. Subventions (aids, prizes) for employees who belong to vulnerable groups and are in need of additional financial support to take part in the continuous professional formation or in apprentice programs (for instance, persons who belong to ethnic minorities, disabled persons, persons who live in isolated/poor communities, other disadvantaged persons)
7.9. Prizes that are granted within contests
8. Indirect expenditures/ general administration expenditures:
Expenditures related to the administrative personnel, secretariate and auxiliary personnel;
Building administration services
Maintenance and reparation services for equiments and transportation means;
Financial and legal expenditures
Multiplication with the exception of the information and publicity materials;
Connection to computer networks
Expenditures related to public acquisition procedures
Subscriptions to specialized publications;
The value of indirect/general administration expenditures is calculated by applying a percentage to the entire value of the direct costs, with the exception of FEDR costs.
This percentage related to the indirect/general administration expenditures is equal to 5% for the beneficiaries of the public institutions.
9. Publicity and information expenditures:
The production of publicity and information materials;
Printing/multiplication of publicity and information materials;
Diffusion of publicity and information materials;
Web pages development/adaptation
Marketing space rent
10. Expenditures related to the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRD):
a) Building rehabilitation/modernization
Furniture, technology, office automation, equipments for the protection of human and material values;
Other expenditures for investments.
The value of the petitioner’s contribution for this request of proposal is:
– 15% of the total value for the eligible expenditures for the beneficiaries that organize the state budget credits, the budget of the state social insurances and the budgets of the special funds as well as the entities that are subordinated or coordinated completely financed by their budgets;
The petitioner’s contributions represents the percentage of the total value of the eligible expenditures related to the suggested project that will be paid by you as a petitioner. The personal contribution of the petitioner has to be realized under financial form. The in kind contributions are not eligible for the projects that are financed by POSDRU. The value of the personal contribution for the project is established according to the organization type that has the quality of petitioner. During the project implementation process, the expenditures that are considered non eligible, but necessary for the progress of the project, as well as any other additional expenditure that will appear during the project implementation will be supported by you as a beneficiary.
The present scheme is applicable starting with the launching date until 31.03.2015 within the limit of the assigned funds for this scheme. The estimate number of organizations that will benefit of the minimis aid during the present scheme is of 1000 enterprises.
The application of the present scheme aims to obtain the following effects and benefits:
– The increase of the number of people who have benefitted of counselling/orientation and have managed to find a job
– Ensuring an easy process of transition from school to active life
– Ensuring a frame through which young people can obtain a stable job;
– Increase of the number of enterprises that hire graduates